Thursday 17 November 2011

Can You Play Drums?

When I was a kid, I wanted out of life have had a chance to play every instrument under the sun. Average time high, right?

I spent several decades learning numerous instruments, a couple I mastered with many instruments I considered myself

media player, but no matter - at least I could do it! The years passed, I kept learning new instruments, and I was very proud of myself.

One day, I decided it was time to learn the drums. I started my trap, and I was fair play. Subsequently, the

tri-toms, bass drums, symbols, and so on. Being the overachiever that I am, I decided one day to get a drum. I

worked on that day in and out, trying to make sense of this set of drums. I hit on them constantly struggling to find

beat me - to make them work together, while in my hands. My father, being a kind soul, walked me play my game battery

and said, "You know, you're shaking like crazy out there."

Out several years later. I have yet to the battery (in my shed), and I can continue playing from time to time. No series of lessons, books, seems to teach or study at my feet and hands to move as they should with the drums. Finally beat fool, and I resigned myself to the fact that 1) I can not do everything myself and 2) If I need a drummer, you might as well hire a professional.

The moral to my story, I know what can and can not be achieved. Containers are not my "cup of tea", but I know a number of

individuals who are very good at the drums. This is true in my business, and when can I keep my books and my personal

taxes, when I put all the accounting / bookkeeping together, I find myself shaking like crazy again.

Many business owners seem to be assuming that they can do whatever they can tote the support

business needs. In my experience, this is not true, but it can make your business look very professional. His ability to say "I am not a web designer" or "I'm not accountant" or "I do not know my head from a hole in the ground with respect to fill [the] blank" that his company apart from the crowd. I

give a great example: I know almost nothing about real estate. I know it has something to do with houses, mortgages,

lists and projections, but I have to do? However, I know a friend of mine has extensive experience in real estate, and this is his niche. So, every request I get on real estate I send to my friend.

We all forget at one time or another, we can not do everything, and participate in projects that clearly are not qualified. It is imperative that we not only find our niche market, but we also understand that we can not successfully complete, and send it to someone who does.

I can not play the drums, but I'm the master of the flute and trombone. I can not do accounting / bookkeeping, but I am a magician

marketing and design. What do you think?